Total Pageviews

Friday, February 13, 2009

An Anniversary Toast


Today's blog is dedicated to my favorite person in the universe;  the love of my life, the ying to my yang, the ad to my lib, and by and large the most put-upon-guy in my world (or most any other world for that matter.)

It's the eve before our anniversary and just in case I don't get a chance to do this on our special day, I just want to take a moment to give him a 'high-five' in print.  

This man has endured 46 years of being beleaguered,  puzzled, stressed, confused,  frazzled, harassed, amused and possibly, sometimes frightened by.......who?  Me, of course!  All because in the final analysis (as though either of us ever needed any of that!), he knew nobody would ever love him more intensely than I would.  Lucky guy, eh?  If he hadn't married me, I'd probably been a stalker and frightened him silly all these years.

He has always been a hero not only to myself, but our children, our grandchildren....and probably if they were to admit it, even to his  son-in-laws because of his straight-up manner,  his honesty, his generosity,  his strength in the face of adversity and his noble sense of humanity to others. He's without question,  the fairest and most honorable person I've known.  Did I happen to mention he's really, really cute?

Babe, this is my little "toast" to you,  for being all I've needed and all I've ever wanted to bounce my love off of.   You really are the 'ring' to my 'ding-a-ling-ding!'

 

3 comments:

  1. Wow I would love to meet this guy. The 46 years were pure pleasure for this guy. Anyone who knows us knows how much I pay her to write these things so you can take it with a grain of salt. It has been wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are such a good example for us...... okay you do embarrass me a lot, but still a very good example.

    I hope you both have a very Happy Valentines Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary to two way cool people! Your enduring love for each other is exemplary. Many, many sincere wishes for a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete