Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hearts, Hugs and a Holiday!

I've been thinking about the anniversary my fella and I have coming up in a few weeks, so I felt the need to drape this page in gooey, mushy, hearts or flowers.  For now we'll go with hearts since Valentines Day will mark our 46Th wedding anniversary.  Wow, how incredible....46 years notched on our bedpost, and of course, our hearts.  Being the romantic I am I felt the need to toss that in.  I think it's also important to give a tip 'o' the hat to my partner for putting up with me for so many years.  During our engagement (which I remember with astonishing clarity) I wouldn't have bet we'd last through our wedding day.  This is the part where we will be nostalgic and rewind the past 46 years and take a glimpse into events leading up to that fateful day.

We had a courtship that didn't exactly blossom from the onset so much as one that unfolded slowly, one  petal at a time.  Of course the unfolding of said romance actually took place from start to finish (the finish being the wedding itself) faster than most couples spend just getting to the handholding stage.  We like moving right along.  He proposed numerous times over a period of .....we'll say, maybe a week.  I said no to each proposal  numerous times during the said period.  He finally stopped proposing, so that's when I decide to accept.  Baffled him a bit, but being the sport he is he accepted my proposal to his proposal.  There's still a on-going discussion over who actually set the wheels in motion for this whole "let's get together and wed each other" business. This should indicate the next several years were not going to be easy!


Seriously, can you imagine not wanting to keep a guy around that was this cute?  This photo was taken about a month before our wedding.  He was a gorgeous twenty-two years old.  I don't think I had any serious thoughts on letting this man get away! What you can't see in this shot is he was peeling potatoes for his mother.  Yeah, I know....let's have a big round of "Awwwwwwww."

The engagement would last, start to finish for about 2 months.  Yeah, I know...what took so long but, we hated to rush into anything as serious as marriage
Later I'll write a bit about our wedding day.  It wa a doozy!

3 comments:

  1. I will attest to accuracy of the post. It was a great time had by all

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was amazing that you two lasted so long with such a short courtship. Dale and I can't figure out what the secret is. I was with my first husband for 5 years before we got married and then we were only married 16 years. So I am really hoping quick is better for this go around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way...... you can really see how much Brendan looks like his grandpa in this picture.

    ReplyDelete